Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Tempt your taste buds with a hot and juicy tandoori chicken recipe, served with a cooling dip.
- Cut deep incisions into the chicken flesh with a small, sharp knife.
- Place the chicken into a bowl and sprinkle over the salt and the juice of two lemons, massaging into the chicken until well coated.
- Whisk the yoghurt and tandoori spice mix in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour the marinade onto the chicken and massage into the flesh. Cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Lift the drumsticks from the tandoori mixture and gently shake off any excess. Place a wire rack over a roasting tin and lay the drumsticks upon it.
- Grill for 20 minutes, turning regularly, or until richly burnished and the chicken is cooked through. Add more lemon juice to taste.
- For the dip, place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth,Serve alongside the chicken drumsticks.
Tandoori Chicken ingredients
- 1.75kg/4lbs chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 500g/1lb 2oz plain yoghurt
- 3-4 tbsp tandoori or tikka spice mix
For the Dip
- 3-4 tbsps plain yoghurt
- pinch salt
- pinch sugar
- 5 fresh mint sprigs
- 1 green chilli, deseeded,sliced
Check out our list of Local Poultry we have available.