Chicken and broccoli bake recipe
This quick and easy Chicken and broccoli bake is great for mid week meals for all the family.
- Heat the oven to 190C/ fan170C/ gas 5. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Throw in 350g pasta shells or quills, stir well and return to the boil.
- Cook for 6 minutes, then add 200g broccoli, cut into very small florets and stems thinly sliced, and cook for 5-6 minutes more until the pasta is just cooked.
- Drain well, then return to the pan.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a wide pan, add 350g thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts and fry until lightly browned.
- Tip in 175g quartered chestnut mushrooms and stir fry for 1 minute, then stir in 4 tbsp sundried tomato paste, 80g soft cheese with garlic and herbs and a 284ml carton single
- Gently simmer, stirring, until the cheese has melted to thicken the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta, stirring gently until coated, then tip into a shallow ovenproof dish (about 1.7 litre capacity) and level the top.
- Mix a bunch of finely sliced spring onions, 85g grated mature cheddar, 1 finely chopped garlic clove and 50g flaked almonds for the topping and sprinkle over the pasta. Bake for 20
minutes until golden brown.
Chicken and broccoli bake ingredients
- 350g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 350g pasta shells or quills
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 175g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 4 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 80g pkt soft cheese with garlic and herbs (such as Boursin)
- 284ml carton single cream
For the topping
- bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 85g mature cheddar, grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 50g flaked almonds
Check out our list of Local Poultry we have available.