Miso Steak Recipe
Miso Steak doesn’t have to be a heavy meal – give it a Japanese-style marinade for a low-fat supper
- Tip the miso paste, Sherry or sake, sugar and garlic into a sealable food bag.
- Season with a generous grinding of black pepper, then squash it all together until completely mixed.
- Add the steak, gently massage the marinade into the steak until completely coated, then seal the bag.
- Pop the bag into the fridge and leave for at least 1 hr, but up to 2 days is fine.
- To cook, heat a heavy-based frying pan, griddle pan or barbecue until very hot.
- Wipe the excess marinade off the steak, then sear for 3 mins on each side for medium-rare or a few mins longer if you prefer the meat more cooked.
- Set aside for 1 min to rest.
- Carve the beef into thick slices and serve with a crunchy salad made with the spinach, cucumber, celery, radish and sesame seeds.
Miso Steak Recipe ingredients
- 300g/11oz lean steak
- 2 tbsp brown miso paste
- 1 tbsp dry sherry or sake
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- baby spinach, sliced cucumber, celery, radish and toasted sesame seeds, to serve
Check out our list of Matured Beef we have available.