Lamb burgers with mint mayo and tomato relish
These tasty burgers are perfect as an easy mid-week meal, or for a BBQ. In fact, the tomato relish goes well with any grilled meat, from steaks and chops to bangers.
- For the burgers, put the breadcrumbs, garlic, coriander, mint sauce, onion and salt and black pepper in a food processor.
- Blend until it’s just combined with a fairly coarse texture.
- Tip into a bowl, add the mince and mix together.
- Using wet hands, shape into 8 burgers, then place on a baking tray, cover and chill in the fridge until needed.
- For the tomato relish, heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic, then cover with a lid and fry over a medium heat for 5–7 minutes, or until soft.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan, stir, bring to the boil and cook for 2–3 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper, then cover again with the lid, reduce the heat and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- For the mint mayonnaise, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- To cook the burgers, heat the oil in a large frying pan, or alternatively light the barbecue and let the flames flare up and die down.
- Fry or barbecue the burgers for about 3–4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.
- To serve, slice the buns in half and toast the cut side.
- Spread one half of each bun with the tomato relish and add a lettuce leaf, a burger, a dollop of mint mayonnaise and a few slices of gherkin before popping on the top half of the
Lamb Burger ingredients
- 1.75kg/4lbs chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 500g/1lb 2oz plain yoghurt
- 3-4 tbsp tandoori or tikka spice mix
For the Dip
- 3-4 tbsps plain yoghurt
- pinch salt
- pinch sugar
- 5 fresh mint sprigs
- 1 green chilli, de seeded,sliced
Check out our list of Locally reared lamb we have available.